Tuesday, April 24, 2007

TORNADO.. LOOK OUT !!

I worked at the hospital this evening. Mid evening, there was a tornado warning issued. The warning means there has been a funnel cloud spotted and the likelihood of it touching ground is very good.
This warning was for just north of Butler in Grove City (Mercer County) and Venango County .. wonder how Dieter is?
We got little rain tonite, but the evidence was there all the way home. It's a quiet and still evening (morning), and I'm glad the storm has passed, though I still see some flashes of lightening.
Anyone else ever experienced a tornado?
I SURVIVED IN '85
I should post some of our post tornado pictures of that experience. It was a real scary one for everyone.
I still remember vividly when the tornado cut a swath through our woods right behind our house one evening. I never saw it, but I heard it and felt it.. Mother saw it and Charlie nearly dragged her to our house for shelter. It flipped a half million volt electrical tower upsidedown near us. I was impressed that our neighbors were all out afterward and checking on other neighbors to make sure everyone was okay.
What I remember most was the sound.. like standing under a jet engine ready to take off.. the roar was deafening. We could tell where it was.. and when it moved by us and on toward Saxonburg. What a night!
There is much I'd love to write about the experience, but perhaps another time..

No comments: