Thursday, April 26, 2007

It was a little chilly this morning, but all that is gone and it's 67 degrees and sunny as can be. Lake Blair is just about a memory now, and the driveway is again dry.
As I came home around 1pm today, I noticed the wildlife around our home. Rabbits, ground hogs, and birds... lots of birds, and not just Charlie's 'girls'. Robins in the grass looking for treats.. and some in the driveway taking that one last dip in Lake Blair before it dried up completely. Then I saw the most peculiar thing- a male pheasant was courting Charlie's chickens. He was right in the midst of them, puffed up and beating his wings trying to get their attention. Oh, what a hoot.. and they were ignoring him totally. Wendell had told me about this strange bird this week already.. he was out among the chickens before. I wonder if there is some shortage of female pheasants or what his problem is?
No matter.. provided there is not the sound of a lawnmower nearby, I'm headed out for a short walk to see what else is out there.. and check the asparagus too, of course. I doubt it's grown much with the cold snap we've had the last few days. Perhaps I'll take my camera with me.. one never knows what one might find of interest.

*

No comments: