Wednesday, April 25, 2007

PARTLY CLOUDY & 44 DEGREES

It's a beautiful morning.. and should be a glorious day today.. to 56 degrees.. very comfortable weather. Perhaps a little rain later? Lovely spring weather here.

I am not sure that I posted the next bit of information. I did talk to my neurologist, and he has given me thumbs down on being off my Plavix for any time. So I'll not be having the Rhizotomy done on my back as I had planned. The procedure is now cancelled. I have another appointment with the Pain Clinic on the 30th at which time we will discuss other options. I'm going to suggest PT. I've got a list of more progressive PTs locally (thanks, Rick), and will present these to my PC doctor and see what she thinks.
I'm also discontinuing aspirin daily, as my neurologist tells me it's not necessary and increases the risk of bleeding.
It's all good. I'm compliant. I believe the Baclofen is working. It makes me drowsy, so I've taken it at bedtime and in the morning, no backache. Yesterday I unloaded the car after a major shopping trip, and found that even though my back ached afterward, a 15 minute 'sit down' corrected it, and I was able to continue a little clean up around here with very little discomfort.

Today I'll see 2 patients in the office after lunch. I had 4, but had to cancel one, and the other cancelled yesterday morning for the next few weeks. So it'll be an easy day and I'll get things ready for the office tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day.. pray for us

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunny and upper 70s here. We saw the sun rise over the ocean this morning. Plan to see the sun set on a sail boat tonight. Saw Savannah yesterday. See you soon

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.