Monday, April 30, 2007

PAIN CLINIC

Good evening bloggers.. it's been a pretty good day. The sun shone so bright and the sky was once again just as blue as it could be.. and the temperatures were in the high 60s low 70s.. Just my kinda day.

I went to see the doctor at the pain clinic today. Since I'm not having the rhizotomy done, she offered me some other helps and suggestions. I'll be calling for Physical Therapy tomorrow. She sort of left the door open wide for me as far as modalities go- she checked every box on the script ! PT has always helped some when I've had flare ups. Another choice would be a TENS unit for home use. This little gadget emits an electrical shock to the area where it's applied, and the muscles relax accordingly.
The doctor has also suggested that I increase the dosage of Baclofen in another couple of weeks. Just gradually nudging it up. It's amazing to me that after years of taking Tylenol XS every day, I haven't had one since I started the Baclofen. I do have some pain, but on a pain scale , it's low and it's also manageable with sitting or lying down.
This afternoon I was able to walk out to the end of the garden and gather my asparagus without pain. Sounds to me like I'm on a right course.

I've increased the Strattera to 80mg and though I am to continue increasing to 120mg, I think I've hit a plateau for now. The present dose is giving me fits every day and I seem to struggle to get through the side effects, principally, nausea. As a matter of fact, according to my scales, I've lost 10# and I know Strattera is at the bottom of it. I don't mind losing, just the nausea. This too shall pass.

After a week in Hilton Head, JJ is again heading for a seminar in Scranton and Wendell is going to accompany her for the ride out and back. While JJ is slaving away at her meetings, her dad will be happily playing and enjoying the company of the Valentines. They live about an hour from Scranton.
The Valentines are in for more company this weekend when the Zombecks go out to celebrate their 1st anniversary. Me? Oh, I have to work and then I'm going to catch up on some zzzzz's and get some cleaning done here that has needed done for months. It'll be easier with no one here.
Bottom line- I'm looking forward to my weekend.

Well..... I'm off to bed soon. I have much to accomplish tomorrow before I go to work. Glad I'm off Wednesday.
Have an enjoyable evening.. I'm definitely doing that.

-

No comments: