Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Good evening to you all.. I think.
I've had one indescribable day today. I'm back to square one again and will be heading for a bubble bath tonite to try to alleviate some of my joint/muscle distress. My temperature is now a lovely low grade 100.. hot for me.
Wendell was feeling well enough to go out shopping and we made a trip to Barkeyville to purchase a Screaming Eagle for me.. his gift to me. My last one died and had to be disposed of, but hopefully this one will work better. For those who wonder, the Screaming Eagle is a timer that has a very VERY loud siren when it goes off.. I need it to get up in the morning. Even setting 3 alarm clocks doesn't make it.
Truckers use these alarms to wake them when they sleep on a trip.



It's Christmas eve.. Merry Christmas everyone.
Tonite I'm baking a ham.. something I've done many times in my life, but this one is a honey baked ham and I hope it works. The last step is scary as it involves a butane torch to caramelize the sugars on the ham. I hope it tastes all right.
Anyone else ever do this?

The living room is full of gifts and fun stuff, but I sense that with Annabelle being sick and me too, that we won't get together tomorrow. The Z's and we are planning to open our gifts to each other tomorrow morning. Wendell wants to do it when they get home from work at 4am.. is he crazy?
Actually, he was up super early this morning and wanting to open gifts.. ugh..

I went to the Thrift store today and found a tea pot. I've been missing mine for about a year now, and decided I'd just get a new one, but the old ones are better.. this one is beautiful. I wonder if anyone ever used it? I also found a new china cup/saucer. I love tea in those things. It's something my mother always enjoyed, and the cups she gave me are packed away for when we get our new place. That will be a celebration time.

Stores and restaurants closed early today.. that is really nice for families... besides, no one is out buying now except those who do last minute shopping.
It's raining here in Butler. Soft and gentle, but the flood advisories are out. I'm staying in and getting in the tub shortly.. then to bed. First the ham..

No comments: