Sunday, December 14, 2008


Last evening was extraordinary. JJ and Keith took us for our annual Christmas gift.. a visit to Heinz Hall and the presentation of 'the Messiah' with the Pittsburgh Symphony and the Mendelsohn Choir. It was so beautiful and the most wonderful place to be. Of course, there were a couple of things that were bothersome.. like the lady (I use the term loosely) who stormed in behind our seats.. cursing and swearing and throwing her cane on the floor at least four times.. really making a spectacle of herself. She finally moved on. She wasn't happy with her seat apparently. And, oh, yes, the woman who sat in front of us who obviously just came from a meal of pure garlic. Oh! It was rank! Neither of these two incidents ruined the program, however. It was grand!
Thanks Keith and JJ !!

This afternoon I was able to step outside. My first thought was "Aslan is on the move!" I guess you have to be a Lion,Witch, and the Wardrobe fan to gather the significance.. The snow is melting away and sounded like the rushing of a stream in the woods. I may have to get the movie out and watch it today.

We missed church today. We were both up early and dressed.. and then decided that my aching body wasn't going to make it. Even with the strong medication taken early on, it was bad till nearly noon. I'm much better now, though I still have pain, it's not as bad.

No comments: