Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What a wonderful day today was. We finally made it to the YMCA and since I lost Wendell's free for a week pass, I simply made our membership a family thing. Now we have access (I believe) to the entire place and with no time limits as my individual pass gave me. Wendell stayed in the deep end of the pool for a full 40 minutes and he says he never stopped moving for a moment. He loved it! I took the last 10 minutes to sit in the whirlpool.. I love that part. It just warms me up totally and massages my back in the right places.
Wendell had labs to have done this afternoon, and then lunch.. and then the pool.. afterward, we went to the thrift store for a while, and then to the grocery. We didn't go all the places we wanted, but we did go a lot of places.
It's the most Wendell has been out and about for some time. He did use the Rollator at the Y. We had our own 'special needs' locker room- private. I was able to help him get undressed and dressed after. The locker room is right across the hall from the pool. We got an elevator key and that made life easier too. It would be hard to do stairs with the Rollator.. well... he just wouldn't have made it at all.
It was a very fine day and we are both looking forward to Friday when we will hit the pool once again.

No comments: