Monday, February 11, 2008


It's 2 degrees and the wind is blowing wildly this morning with wind chills (-)15 to (-)20.. that's MINUS, my friends. Dress warmly and keep your skin covered up if you have to go out. It's nasty out there, but I told you before that February is always our worst winter month. The folks proclaiming global warming are hiding under their electric blankets- haven't heard a peep out of them since winter hit. Personally, I blame it all on the groundhog.
The high will be 16. Just a little snow out there.. not much.
I have my rice bag heated up and applied to my lower back and then to my shoulders that seem to crave some heat this morning.
Wendell told me he heard on the news that 17,000 homes were without power late last night. We lost our power for 2 hours yesterday afternoon. I was amazed how fast our home cooled off, but noted the warmest place was our bedroom, so I stayed there and finished an afghan by daylight. I'm thankful the electricity is back, but feel very sorry for those in Allegheny County who are still without. It's really bad timing.
I kept wondering how we were going to have hot coffee if ours didn't return this morning. My coffee is hot and delicious. I've been up since 6:30am.
Stay warm..


No comments: