Friday, February 01, 2008


We are at the end of an ice storm.. The trees are sparkling and branches are hanging low from the weight of the frozen rain. Sleet came down heavily this morning too. I was up early watching it. So far, no snow, but it looks like a fairy land out there with the ice glistening on about everything. It's about 35 degrees right now. Hopefully, this storm will pass soon and the ice will melt. I really don't cherish going out and cracking the shell that covers my car. I need to get the mail today.. I'm expecting my first pension check... and I'm so excited!
The latest advisory is that the ice storm will end at 12 noon.. 13 minutes from now.. and then there is another one that says there is a flood warning till 3:30pm today.. We got it all here in western PA! While I think about winters past, I know that this could be one of those winters where you get snowed in with 4-6 feet of snow.. but it's been sort of mild so far,and I thank the Lord for that bit of mercy.
Other than getting the mail and perhaps running in to drop my check in the bank, I'm planning to be at home today. I had a rough night with both shoulders screaming at me.. my body demanding that I sleep, and the two just couldn't find a good mid-point. So I was up till the wee hours with ice on both my shoulders and one to my back too, as it was aching from being up so long,. I think a nap this afternoon would will be on my agenda. Till the shoulders settle down a bit more, I'm not able to do much here.
Looking to a bright afternoon and better evening..

No comments: