Monday, March 02, 2009

How does minus 6 degrees sound to you? That's the wind chill today. It's actually 12 degrees right now and with the wind.. well, it feels a lot colder out there. It's a good day to be indoors, I think.
The bread I made yesterday turned out well. Oatmeal bread doesn't raise like other breads.. it's a 'short' loaf, but it did raise. It's also a heavier loaf because of the oatmeal in it. I call it hearty.
And it's really really good toasted.
I used to make bread a lot.. but in recent years haven't done much. I have a huge washbasin that I used to make 4-6 loaves at a time. I settled for the 2 loaves yesterday. I need better bread pans.. mine have disappeared. I borrowed one from Charlie, but it's wider than I prefer, and made the loaf a bit flatter than the regular bread pan that I did locate.

I'm wondering how the east coast is doing with all the snow that was forecast.. it sounded like they were in for a blizzard last night.

No comments: