Friday, March 06, 2009

We had 69* today!!! Woohoo!!! That is just the best. I'm smiling broadly.. and can't wait for tomorrow to try out another mid 60s day.
Today I baked bread again. I changed the recipe to just a white bread. I'm having difficulty getting it to raise properly. One recipe, 2 loaves.. one is perfect and one is flat. Go figure.
The first round raised nicely, then when I put it in the hot oven, they both flattened out. Now, I've made a ton of bread in my lifetime, but I have NEVER had this kind of trouble before. What am I doing wrong? Not enough kneading? We cut one flat loaf tonite.. wonderful texture, not gummy, crisp crust, taste is superb, but it's flat. Maybe the bread pans are too big? I dunno. I'm in a quandary.
I'm NOT giving up.. tomorrow is Saturday and I plan yet another round of breadmaking. I will not quit until I get this right.
(I was the original poster girl for the strong willed child, ya know?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe you should talk to Kenny Leah