Thursday, March 19, 2009



I'm really getting annoyed with power outages.. We have just had our 3rd within a year.. this one was short, but left us in the dark, cold, and feeling crappy. It was nearly 3 hours this time.. we really had no idea it was coming. We just happened to have some hot water heated and each of us had a cup of hot tea.. and then I went for the 'candle and battery' box. I pulled out flashlights, replaced batteries that were dying, and lit 4 candles.. 2 of which I'd purchased right after the last outage.

We were both feeling chilled, and so decided to go to McDonalds for a hot chocolate.. I got in the car and waited for Wendell to blow out candles and join me. Just then, the porch lights came on and I was annoyed that he turned lights ON when he was to turn them OFF... and then realized that the power was on and I could make us hot chocolate at home! HOORAY!


We had lunch at a local restaurant today.. nothing big.. and then took books back to the library , picked up the last things on the grocery list, and on to the YMCA. As I pulled into the Handicapped spot, my gut felt like it twisted, and nausea overwhelmed me.. I had to sit still a few minutes and realized Wendell was having a similar problem.. and he said.. 'let's just go home'.. which we did..

Tomorrow is another day...

No comments: