Monday, March 02, 2009

I saw Charlie come home today from town.. he'd obviously been to the day old bread store because he had a loaf of bread in his hand, and the hens were all around him waiting for their share. Then he looked like he was exercising his pitching arm as he tossed one slice at a time high up in the air.. and the hens charged in it's direction. Frisbee couldn't have been more fun.. especially to watch. I'll bet those hens missed him while he was gone last week..
Charlie looks like the Pied Piper as he walks across the yard. He has this adoring throng who follows his every step. Though I think there is a certain amount of love they have for him, my guess is that they don't want to miss a handout. (Greedy little beasts)
I really feel quite neutral about the chickens.. Charlie loves taking care of them , and that's good enough for me.

No comments: