Sunday, March 01, 2009


I've been trying to make home made bread. A month or so ago... oh, I don't even remember now when it was.. I tried to do so and the bread was nasty. I gave it to the chickens. (they would eat anything) So yesterday I decided to give it another go.. and my yeast must have been too old, it just wouldn't rise for the occasion at all. I baked it anyway, and it was tasty, but needed some leavening.
I decided to try again this afternoon.. white oatmeal bread with honey. We'll see. It is supposed to be never fail bread, and honestly, I've made it hundreds of times and it really was no fail. .. except for the last 2 times. So far today, it's looking good.


Well, it's cold out there. 24 degrees and WINDY ! Tonite will be 9 degrees, but no snow in the forecast yet.. at least not any accumulation. Nothing like what the east coast is expecting the next couple days. But I have to say, it looks like the wind is blowing from the east, and that always brings bad weather. However, the sky tonite is so intensely red.. makes you wonder..

No comments: