Monday, March 16, 2009

No, it's not tax day yet... but I'm happy to report that I did our taxes myself this year.. and only had to call my former employer and the IRS once each to get er done. If I calculated the hours I've spent sweating over these papers, a rough estimate would be 16 hours in two 8 hour sessions. That's steady working, no breaks and no food either.. just sheer concentration. Things came together after I talked to the IRS and they answered a bunch of my confusing questions.. Now that I know what I need to know, I just might be able to do this next year in 10 hours!
So that's how my day went.. paperwork all the way.. I met the mailman on the way to the mailbox, and our return has been sent. Of course, we have ended up owing the state and local taxes, but I have to say, not bad.
Those 'bills' will be payed when I get paid April 1st.

No comments: