Sunday, February 07, 2010

1* above Zero

This picture was taken at 4pm the day of the blizzard. I had taken the car to the end of the driveway in anticipation of exactly what we got.

It is the Sabbath. Church was canceled due to weather/snow/more snow/and the inability of some of us to get out of our driveways.. :(

Yesterday I worked hard shoveling 6 scoops at a time from the deck/steps. I am moving slowly, but progressing at a snail pace. I have now cleared the snow from the deck to about 95% and the steps down to the first one but not to ground level yet. It's rather awesome to see 2' of snow as a wall in front of me.. I would imagine it would be up to the top of my thighs in that I'm only 5'2".. I'll find out today when I go for that last step and then begin making a track to the driveway.

We are comfortable. We have been blessed with electricity that has not failed us to this point. There were over 120,000 out of power in our area.
God has taken care of us from day 1.
We turned the thermostat down to 60* last night and most of the day yesterday. It's chilly, but we have warm clothes and blankets. We are new to heating with gas, and since this isn't quite the usual type winter we have, we aren't sure how long we have on those 2 big tanks. When I checked yesterday morning, we had 55%. So we will conserve a bit. This morning we have turned the heat up to 65* and once our blood gets moving, we'll turn it back to 60*. I do pray that this will be the last 'big' snowfall of the season. Right now, we would be hard pressed to have our tanks refilled with gas with no open drive. Oh, and the Water man is to come Wednesday.. hmmmm. I pray we'll be plowed out before that.. but if not, we still have plenty of bottled water.

Coffee is good this morning.. it helps to warm us up. It is 1* this morning in Butler.. usually it is more extreme here in Penn Twp.. No matter, it's frosty out there.
Pray for a day of global warming here..

No comments: