Thursday, February 11, 2010

Foto Friday

LOVING

I wanted to try something different
and more toward the artsie side..
I'm not too artistic these days..
and the topic had me a bit in a quandary.
Till I was washing dishes tonite
and looked up on the window sill
to see this little musical snow globe..


You have to understand
that this globe is very very special to me.
It plays "Let Me Call You Sweetheart"
and was my parents "song".
I have precious memories of my dad

strumming his guitar

and crooning this song to my mother.. such love!



Something a bit different for dessert tonite-
it's special too because it is sugar free
and my diabetic hubby can eat it
and not be worried about
his blood sugar sky-rocketing..
Tonite I added the message for him
so when he went for his bedtime snack,
he would be greeted with a sweet message..
inscribed in yummy chocolate filling
Join us at Rebecca's blog Renaissance
for more Foto Friday entries,
and please do consider
adding your own photos.
It's fun and I actually AM
learning a lot from seeing
what others do with cameras
similar to mine.

7 comments:

Terri said...

What wonderful memories you have!

Bonnie said...

That is a sweet message for your husband!
I like how you captured the "snow" whirling around.

Full of Grace said...

I liked how you cropped the bear shot into a heart, so cute :)

More than that though, the dessert takes the cake ;) Just making diabetic treats for your hubby shows him love, but adding the extra message, well that is super sweet! :)

alane said...

What precious, sweet memories!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your memories! :)

Paula said...

SO very sweet. I loved the first two shots. They have a bit of a glare on them which is PERFECT!!! :D Wonderful job getting out of your comfort zone and trying something different. And what WONDERFUL memories you have of you parents!

Rebecca said...

I had dream just the other night that Matt could play the guitar and he was singing me a song. He actually can't but it was very sweet to think about...and I think very special to have the memory of your Dad doing that.

Have a happy valentine's day!