Friday, February 26, 2010

Rambling..

Here we go again.. more snow, more drifting.. ugh! The bright spot is that spring is right around the corner and I can hardly wait!
Green leaves and grass.. flowers blooming and the warm breezes that follow. Beautiful thoughts..

We are getting cable. Cable tv/internet/phone service. We opted to keep our new phone number rather than learn yet another one. Wendell is excited at the prospect of being able to watch a whole tv program without interuption by poor reception from the little box that sits atop it.
I'm more into fast speed on the computer. Oh, I thought broadband was wonderful, but John says the cable internet is sooooo much better. They got theirs this past week. Wendell and I are patient- you learn that over the years ... hmmmm... except where spring is concerned !

We are drifted in this morning. We'll call for a plow out tomorrow. The snowfall really isn't that bad for a WPA winter- 4" and continuing to fall. The bad part is the drifting as the wind is blowing and making life difficult. Well, I just think that my ancestors had it a lot worse.
They didn't have to worry about downed electric lines or phone lines.. nor did they have to worry about what to do while they are waiting to be reconnected... like READ maybe? Though Wendell is an avid reader- he makes trips to the local library every week or so and always has a book nearby. We figure if the power goes out, we'll be just fine.. lots of blankets available, lots of water in the big jugs and we can use the gas range to cook/boil water or whatever.

Low on eggs here. The chickens aren't laying yet, and I don't see us getting out today.. and the car is down here at the house and not up on the hill beyond the drifts. Sigh. Looks like Charlie has made it down the driveway- walking. He is faithful in tending the 'girls'.. they really have it made.
The cat is not wanting to come out of the little building and his warm straw in a trash bag. I really can't blame him. He came up once this morning, gobbled down some cat food, slurped up a drink and took off for the building again.. it's cold for him too. Wish I could invite him in the house, but I can't. Asthma would be too much to handle right now. I got it settled a week or so ago, and don't want to start wheezing before spring.

The land line rang a few minutes ago.. no clue who it might be.. I couldn't get there in time and Wendell was back in the bathroom. By the time I hurried across the house to answer it, whoever was there, wasn't any more.
I prefer the cell phone if anyone wants to call. Normally I have it in my pocket or close by. Occasionally not..

I've rambled on enough.. gotta get something accomplished here today. I vacuumed yesterday and washed clothes the day before.. hmmm.. maybe open up some more boxes? Nah.. lunch is on the horizon..

No comments: