Saturday, February 13, 2010

Even MORE snow?

Just when it seems as though we couldn't possibly get any more snow- after all, we DID get our quota in the past 2 weeks, didn't we?- more snow is falling.. and our little Civic is covered and looks like a big marshmallow in the driveway.
Longing for spring here. Really longing..
Longing to be able to walk without tripping on rocks under snow, slipping on ice, or trudging through 24" of the stuff. I have been thinking it might be a good idea to move the car.. all day I have thought that might be a good idea.. but I didn't.
Amanda called earlier this afternoon and we went to JoAnn Fabric. I bought us each a tree skirt to make- and then fabric to make pillow cases for the Americana guest room as well as for our bed. Those old cases just don't make it. So, I ended up with some really beautiful patriotic stars and stripes for the guest room, and some really pretty springy looking fabric for our bedroom..
Then I sat down tonight to figure out how to put my new sewing machine together. Filling the bobbin was a piece o cake.. but figuring out HOW to put it in it's place was another story. I felt like I was reading Greek as I tried to follow the step by step directions.. and finally ended up following the picture directions for those of us challenged by the Singer "Simple" machine. I did get all the pieces back together again, but it took over an hour to do so.. my hands don't work well.. I guess I say that a lot, but it's true. I'm so clumsy. Think threading a needle with garden gloves on both hands... eh?
I did finally get it going, and it sews beautifully, but the self threading needle is gonna take me some time and practice.
I moved on to making Asher's first Christmas fleece blanket and realized that I need to lay this thing out and put it together before I put the satin binding on it. It's really cute, and I'll post pictures when I get it done.
Hopefully by next Christmas.. I'm making it big enough for a bigger child.. just in case, ya know?
Taxes are now done. I sent the federal ones today- not without difficulty.
In our move, I lost our stapler- I looked in every box I could think of... and decided since I was going out with Amanda, we could stop at the Dollar General and I'd buy a new one. I found a little wee one for a dollar and the staples came with it. So I stapled my 1099's to the pages when we got back to the car, and tried to seal the envelope.. Aw.. rats! The goo wouldn't stick on the back. I needed tape. So we went into Friedmans.. and I bought 2 cans of black olives and a bunch of bananas.. looked for some Sugar Free chocolates for Wendell for Valentine Day, and checked out.. without the tape , of course. AAACCKKK! No problem, our next stop was JoAnn Fabric and they would have tape. Yes, they did and after Amanda got the thing going, I carefully placed the tape on the back of the envelope, but not where it needed to be... oh.. for evermore.
We finally got it done and mailed. I'm so thankful and glad. I went back home and put the PA and local taxes together and ready to send after next pay day. We only owe a couple dollars to each, but they insist on us paying our fair share.. so we will. And, oh, yes.. I was back home approximately 3.25 minutes when the old stapler appeared..
It's been a long day here.. I'm weary and tired and want to be in church tomorrow, but looking at the car, I'm just not so sure I'm up to cleaning it off and fighting the driveway again.
Happy Valentine Day everyone!

No comments: