Saturday, February 06, 2010

Blizzard-*Growing* concern

I started out with measuring the snowfall on the deck railing.. we had a "GROWING" concern that this would be a record snowfall.
So, lame as it is.. here is our 'growing' offering for the week...
Join us at Rebecca's blog for Foto Friday!
Wow. This has been one long ride on the snow. I don't think we have had a snowfall like that (and it's still falling) in many many years. You really can't tell in these pictures just how much there is. When I went to bed this morning at 3am, there was in excess of 24".. Then I got up at 8am to find 5 more inches on the deck. Awesome!
Uh... chickens are snowed in too- not sure how we'll get to them..Or how to get the door open if we do.


This is the side railing of the deck.. Wendell's liquid oxygen tank to the left with a huge cone on top.. And then the snow piled up like a giant loaf of bread. Not sure why it didn't just blow off as it came down.



Here is our steps- What can I say? It's almost a straight and level shot to the drive. The steps got covered and filled in around 1am when it came down harder. I stayed up and hourly went out to shovel the back deck in case we would need assistance.. lame. Even if we could get out on the deck, that would be it..

Our area is in a state of emergency as is most of the area around us and south of us.



The snow is up to the top of the skirting here... and piled atop our little home. Last night when I had the light on the doorway looked sugar coated as it glistened..


Items for prayer:

1. Pray our neighbors will be able to get out and then perhaps assist us with our driveway.

2. Pray we stay healthy

3. Pray the power doesn't fail us.

4. Give thanks for keeping us safe




3 comments:

Rebecca said...

oh my.

I have been in a mid-winter funk and can't seem to get myself out of it lately. But looking at these pictures and then looking at our sparse bits of snow here and there---really does make me thankful that even though it is winter still, I don't have to contend with that amount of whitestuff. :-)

Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Far out! We live in an area where it never snows in winter...it gets pretty cold but it never snows....I have NO idea what it must be like to be living your life right now, espcially as we are in the southern hemishpere and it is summer here - but be sure we are praying for you.... the 'growing' concern I do understand as we live near a river that can flood badly when we get record amounts of rain....The Lord bless you and keep you, Amen :)

Terri said...

That is a lot of snow!