Saturday, February 06, 2010

The snow is melting ever so slowly- the sun is out, but it's only 26*. I can see the icicle outside my office dripping.. very slowly, but dripping. The deck is nearly (about 75%) cleared again. There is ice on it and tonite we expect about 7* which will insure that there will be ice in the morning. I suppose there is nothing wrong with that as we aren't going ANYWHERE this weekend, and likely this week!
I'm praying for a plow to appear on the horizon.. that would be awesome.
Really awesome.. so many of our neighbors seem to be immobile..
Charlie appeared around 1pm.. he's tried 3 times to get here and finally was plowed out and then walked in through the Z's yard to the chickens.. They all greeted him when he opened the door to the coop.. I hadn't heard a peep (pardon the pun) out of them all day- usually they cluck and squawk continuously.. but when Charlie arrived it sounded chaotic.. like all of them complaining at him at one time... "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL DAY???!!!"
It was good he was able to come finally, as I am only on the 3rd step off the deck at this point. I only shovel 6 scoops at a session. I am concerned that I will get my back flaring again, and I just can't do that.. so 6 scoops seems easy enough.

No comments: