Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ya gotta love it

Thomas has settled in pretty well with us. Here he comes up the snow path to the deck. He saw me come outside.. I have the camera. I have to laugh when I ponder the funny and fun stuff that I've experienced the past few days.. like Wendell who says 'we don't NEED a CAT!'.... "if you feed him he will NEVER leave."... "maybe you should buy him a bag of cat food"... "do you think he'll go inside that box you made him?"... and then tonite he told me that Thomas was so loud outside.. like he was in a fight- and that he'd run outside to see if he was okay.. tee hee.. looks like I'm not the only one who has fallen in love with this little black boy. He's so adorable.

This afternoon I bought him a kitty dish with 2 'holes'. One for his Meow Mix and one for water. I gave him a cup of food and he gobbled it right down.. and then a cup of warm water- it's gone too.
We have an opossum that tried to eat the feed I put out on the snow beyond the deck. It was for Thomas, but the opossum - big one- comes nightly and eats all that Thomas doesn't. Last night Thomas growled and hissed and made such a fuss ..... while hiding behind me. I had to laugh at this brave little kitty.

This is the styrofoam house I put together for him.. one of my patients told me how to construct it for a cat house. He's been in and out of it this evening, but when I looked out a while ago, he's gone back to the little building and his bag of straw- can't blame him much.
He spends time on the deck by his bowl- looks like he's guarding it, lest any chicken or 'possum tries to approach. Funny cat.
I know I'm sensitive to cats.. I wonder if Thomas is the cause of my early asthma problems this morning and last evening. I try to NOT touch him, but he winds himself between my feet.. I had to use the nebulizer this morning. I could feel it rattling in my chest and the coughing had started. The Xopenex does wonders for that problem- haven't had any problem since my treatment, but the side effects are lasting.. not right now, but for hours and it seems hours.. jitteriness.. shaking, and that feeling that I better sit/lay down before I fall down.
So I got little accomplished today. Laundry, yes; floors, no, but I worked on them yesterday; dishes are done, but still need put away; well fed cat, YES!
And I did some mending.



No comments: