Tuesday, February 09, 2010

15* morning

The chickens actually haven't been outside the coop since last Friday's storm. This bewildered hen was the last to go inside that day.
Hey.. it's cold outside, but chickens generate a ton of heat.. that coop is probably 70* inside.

It is an office day today.. I'm up and ready for my shower.. just finishing a cup of coffee.. gotta have that to get the blood moving in the morning.
It is a chilly morning but no wind.

Today we get another storm coming through- the beginning should be around 10am and the warnings go to Wednesday at 7pm. Once the initial storm passes through, the warnings say the wind is gonna pick up and drift the snow it just dropped. For evermore.
I've been praying.. thanking God for preserving us through this blizzard, providing us electrical power, having enough supplies to last us for a week.. and praying the next storm might fizzle.. but especially that the power would stay on throughout. It's supposed to be a wintry mix.. I don't like to hear that.. that means sleet/ice/snow.. bad combo. If all comes to pass, I'll be not at the office Thursday since we will need plowed out again. Boy! Was that nice to have the driveway opened up. We haven't even gone anywhere since then, but at least we CAN if we need to.. which I do this morning. Not looking forward much to the drive in, but will be happy to see my patients .. Pray for us that they have no 'events'.. and my skills will be the best.
On to the day...

No comments: