Tuesday, February 16, 2010

snow.. so what else is new?

Wow! Did we get more snow or what?! I just have trouble imagining how it must have been for our ancestors with winters like this. I would imagine only the really strong would survive.
We are snowed in again. The front deck has snow blocking the door now. Cant get the door open at all. The back deck is cleared for the moment, as I keep going out and shoveling it. There is about 6-7" of new snow on the railings.. and elsewhere. The car is at the end of the driveway and I would suppose if they ever did send a plow, we're plowed in too. Ugh.
Tomorrow we need to try to get plowed out. First I need to assess whether I can move the car at all without shoveling it. That's a bit out of my league.
Perhaps we can get John to use the snowblower. Trouble is, this present storm is predicted to last until Thursday morning.. just in time for another office day- which, incidently, I didn't get to go this morning.
None of our back roads were plowed and when I got to Rt8, it wasn't any better than the backroads, and traffic was horrific.. I made it to Country Kitchen before I turned back and went home. The thought of going down McBride and than Armco hills was more than my soul could handle. I start to shake and then the knots come in the stomach.. I had to go back home and call the office manager to tell her I couldn't make it .. I just hope they are as understanding as they seem on the phone. I really need to retire completely.. this is just so stressful in the winter. I came home and slept for about 3 hours- I needed it.
We are now at the point where we could use some milk and bread and maybe some eggs - and a few other items too. A small grocery trip needs to be made to replenish our winter stock, though I'm sure we could last quite a while with what we have. I think next trip I may get yeast and more flour and then I can make bread or rolls if we need.

No comments: