Friday, November 14, 2008


I'm really tired this morning.. perhaps the rain or perhaps just tired from my big office schedule from yesterday. I'm amazed that my back isn't worse than it is. Relief is coming this afternoon when I take another lovely walk in the arthritis pool at the Y. Normally I'd have to take 'big gun' pain killers after a busy day of standing and bending at odd angles for hours, but this has not been the case. I'm stiff and sore, but not enough to resort to medication for the moment. I want to try exercise in warm water.. and then a wonderful massage in the whirlpool.
I think it is amazing that in my last post 2008 election by county reflects conservatism in grand style. That map is nearly all red. The populations that carried the libs are centered in certain areas only, but enough to carry the entire state. Maybe we need to emigrate to those areas?
Hmmm.. I believe that's what the libs actually did.
Though I don't believe in a national ID card, I do believe that no matter what, a current state photo ID (drivers license that can be made for ID purposes only- my mother had one of them when she stopped driving) should be shown in every case when one goes to vote. I noticed when I signed the voter book that there were spaces that required an ID. I asked if they needed mine, they said 'no'. I didn't know these folks. I assume they don't know me either. I also believe there should be that same ID copy for absentee ballots when they are turned in. You don't have your ID's in order, you don't vote. We need to be more responsible.. elections are not fun and games.
I'm tired of voter fraud. As for voting early and often in some states, I disagree with that too. I would gladly stand in line for hours to vote.. and patriotic Americans should also. Those who are handicapped should have a specific area to be able to vote ahead of the line- separate from the crowds. When one receives the handicapped parking placard, that person also receives a wallet card identifying them as handicapped- that should also be shown along with the state ID.
We sure need voter reform.
While I'm still on my soapbox, I'd like to make one more complaint.. does it bother anyone else that every time you try to read a label it's in 2-4 different languages ? I have difficulty finding the official language of my own country. I'm tired of it and intolerant of it too. English is the language of the USA.. I strongly suggest others should learn it.. and don't expect me to learn YOUR language so I can use a product correctly in my own country.
I am not opposed to being bilingual or multilingual.. I think that is a fabulous idea, and Spanish is my favorite, but I don't want it on my food or laundry products or other things.. like the instructions for setting up my computer. I got 2 books for my computer.. one in Espanol and one in English.. not necessary. It feeds those who are too lazy to learn the language of the country where they reside.
Gotta get busy here..

No comments: