Wednesday, November 26, 2008

THANKSGIVING EVE

Here it is nearly Thanksgiving Day 2008. I always took this week off when I worked at the hospital. We had to choose our vacation weeks in February for that year, and no one ever wanted this week except me. That is, till the week came up on the schedule and I'd hear all the grumbling about how I always was off on Thanksgiving. I was always well aware that I'd asked for the same week every year, and had someone wanted it, they could have just said so when I asked if anyone wanted it.. but that's all in the past, and I'm thankful to be able to put it behind me.
I just happen to enjoy the idea of having family and friends around me over the holidays. It was so .... traditional in our family to begin with.. and then I love carrying on our best traditions.
We always had turkey on Thanksgiving Day, and then whatever was remaining out of the garden that might be fresh yet. Otherwise, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie were definitely served that day.
Tomorrow we will be gathering at Keith and JJ's home, along with the rest of the family. Each of us will bring one or two items to add to the table. No matter what, it will be a most wonderful day with our family..
Later in the evening, we'll be heading to Hartwood Acres to enjoy the Celebration of Lights. It's something the kids love and us oldies too.


Snow. It's out there .. about 2 inches of new stuff. It is most beautiful at the moment.. but then, I'm INSIDE enjoying it. Stay warm.

There is much to do today.. I have my list drawn up, and will be starting on it soon. I could use another cup of coffee..

No comments: