Saturday, November 15, 2008


It's one of "those" days today.. it's raining. I could have predicted it without looking out the door. Asthma seems to get worse when it's raining. The allergist warned me of this. Today I've got a lot of wheezing and coughing up a lot of excess gluck. Wendell says he woke up hurting..joints respond a lot to the drop in barometric pressure. At least that's what I attribute it to. I wasn't so bad, and I think it's because I've started exercising in the arthritis pool at the Y. It's a great way to move all my joints without any discomfort (until I get out of the pool.. and then I feel as though all my weight is squarely on butt and legs...ugh!). I've also ended each session in the whirlpool where the temperature is nearly hot and the jets massage my back in just the right spots. The jets haven't been working (so they say).. but there is water being forced out in the several spots and I sit in front of those and the massage is heavenly.
I have plans to put Wendell on the membership Dec 1. He'll benefit from the pool as much as I, and we both need the exercise.
The nephrologist (kidney doctor) was more than blunt with Wendell this week. He said he HAS to lose 100# NOW, and get his diabetes under control NOW.. or else. Or else what? Or else he will be dead in a year. So he's been working on taking simple walks to the other side of the driveway and discovered that he can do so without losing breath.. he also swept the front porch yesterday.. good exercise and beneficial to us all.
I may have to go out today. Our coffeemaker has been taking longer and longer to brew coffee in the last several months no matter how often I clean it. This morning it was about an hour. Very frustrating. I may just go to Trader Horn, about 3 miles from here and pick out a new one. I'm hoping it'll fit into our already tight budget. I consider it a necessity.
I have plans to bake today and make more SF pudding and jello for us. I'm hoping to make a cheesecake for John.. his really really late birthday present.
Wendell wants broccoli cheese soup, and I think we may have enough left over broccoli from last night to make a small pot. I don't like to make it too often since it is high in calories and I don't really know how to make it less.. it's the fat in it that is the problem.
Better get started..

No comments: