Friday, November 14, 2008

THANKFUL NOV 14


I'm thankful for food. We seem to have abundance in that category. I've never known life without.. God has been faithful day by day to provide for me and for my family. We have had lean times.
I remember living in Texas on Wendell's Army pay. We would go out to the Commissary on pay day and buy as many groceries as we could for the month. At the end of the month, we ate some pretty strange things. Those are actually happy memories.
There were several times that we got down to C Rations and made the best of what we had. And then a letter would come from Wendell's Dad with a check enclosed. "I just thought you might need this", the letter would read. And it would be for some odd amount like $13.74. How we laughed about his check totals, but then seriously realized that perhaps it was all he had and he was giving it in love to us.
It was always needed, and the generosity was more than you can imagine- he had so little monetarily, but the love was abounding.. and it showed Christ's love to us.

No comments: