Saturday, November 15, 2008

THANKFUL NOV 15

It's been a toss up for the day over the next thing I'd like to mention for which I give thanks. When my Mom was a little girl, she rode where she needed to go via horse and buggy. I got to thinking about whether I'd make as many trips here and there if I had to do so as well. I know the answer to that one.. monthly shopping for groceries and a lot more garden dependence. So I'm thankful for the means of transportation that God has placed in my generation.. that of the ultimate as far as science has gone.. Not that I'd want to use them all, but there are so many more choices now than my mother had.
Trains, boats, planes, bikes, rocket ships, horses, carts, cars, trucks, and of course, I'm thankful for my 2 legs that carry me every moment of every day.
Where it would have taken my ancestors days to visit other family in other parts of the state or nation, I can jump in my car and see my grandchildren up on the NY border in 6 hours.. or visit my family in California via airplane in about 8 hours.
I can drive to work and home in 15 minutes one way. Helicopters can land close by and take accident victims to trauma centers in Pittsburgh in the same amount of time- 15 minutes, where it used to take over an hour by ambulance.
We live in awesome times. God has blessed this nation and the world with wonderful transportation technology. I am thankful.

No comments: