Monday, June 26, 2006

ADMIRATION

"Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up." James 4:10

Today was to be the day I pulled all my data together from my poll and give the results. It's gonna have to wait another day. I still have a few people to hear from. If YOU want to participate in the poll, the questions are:

1. Name at least 3 foods you dislike or would never eat.
2. Explain briefly .. why?
3. May I use your first name on this blog if I decide to use names?

Send your answers to Jemit97@aol.com and I'll add your information.

Today is Beautician Day, but I wish there was one called "Admiration Day".. there are so many people that I admire for one reason or another.
I admire the tenacity of my sister Jane, who just keeps on going and moving even with her physical limitations. She amazes me so.
I admire JJ for her respected position in the hospital, and her skill handling difficult situations and remaining calm and cool in the midst.
One has to admire Amy as she does homeschooling and then takes the children to all their various meetings and classes so that they will be 'well rounded'. Not many would attempt that. It's a hard job, and should be admired.
I admire Wendell's ability to not become stressed to the limit when the doctors told him to go home and wait for Monday when they would repair his heart.
Vince also comes to mind- he always seems to have time for everyone, prepares excellent sermons weekly, cares for his family, and always has an answer.. Admirable qualities.
I admire my best friend Sandi, who is gainfully employed outside the home, is going to computer classes to improve her skills several times a week, provides a wonderful haven for her husband, crochets for the homeless with a group she has organized, and still finds time to write to me daily.
And what about Uncle Bob who is probably the most learned man I've ever known? I admire his knowledge and the fact that he shares it with me.
Nicki comes to mind too.. she continues a long fight with her health problems, but is able to cope with them- incredible.
Oh, and my friend Rick (Sandi's husband).. I've always admired him. He has a gentleness and compassion that is unsurpassed.
Well, these are just a few of the many many more. Just because I didn't mention YOUR name, doesn't mean I don't admire you or that you don't have admirable qualities.. it just means that it's 6am and I am just getting awake and forming my thoughts!
The weatherman says it's going to rain again today...... well, so be it. God is in control, and though my feeble human brain says we've had enough, He knows our needs and will provide them.
My coffee cup is empty. Have a beautiful day between the raindrops!
Pray for our health and stamina.

No comments: