Tuesday, June 13, 2006

WORK WORK WORK

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. "
John 1:1-4

We worked hard yesterday. There is definitely evidence of it. The front of the house looks a bit different with the flower beds refurbished, the weeds gone, and new flowers in their places.
The lawn is mowed and the picnic table is now renewed with a coat of deck sealant.
My day started off with cleaning up the kitchen and washing both that floor and the bathroom floor, and just general tidying up. Then I started in my bedroom. It took hours upon hours to dismantle the big bed. I had to have help removing the mattress and the headboard, and then the rest came apart fairly easily. Charlie took the headboard to work on making a bookcase. I had the same idea, but with the 2x12s that were the frame of the bed. John took the plywood framework to redo the bed of the cart outside. The doors from the pedestal I saved for Charlie. I think he'll maybe be able to use them.
There is a lot of dust where the bed stood.. I'll be getting to that today hopefully if the hospital will let me be on call instead of actively at work. I made myself a "nest" on the floor and that is where I slept last night. It wasn't too bad- more like camping out than anything, but I don't want to do this too many days. It's hard on my back and getting on my feet is somewhat frightful. After the cleaning is done, I'll be looking at painting. I'm not sure I want a white color this time. My bedroom hasn't been painted since the first coats of paint were applied when we built this house many years ago.
Lots to do here. It's almost too much for one body, but I have determination (one of my best traits sometimes). Things are changing.
Today John left for work at 3am, Wendell at 6am, and Mandy will be leaving around 8am. I am scheduled 11am-7:30pm- the odd shift, but may be asked to stay home since that shift is for the extra secretary in case we get really busy. I'd be happy for the extra time off here.
It looks like the day will be beautiful again. I don't mind the coolness at all.
JJ stopped by last evening for a short visit and took my laundry and extra laundry with her to do at her house. She is such a blessing to me. I can't carry the bags to the laundromat, and the water is too bad here to try to go down to the basement to wash.. besides, the washer has been refusing to spin the clothes to the point one can use the dryer.. and there is another problem. Well, the answer has been weekly visits to the laundromat until JJ offered to help me. Priceless!
God has really been blessing us in so many ways.
Remember us with prayer, please. For health, stamina, and trusting in Him for all things.
And for hearts that turn to Him daily.
Have a beautiful day, fellow bloggers and all who read here daily.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

It sounds like things are really shaping up around there...I wish I had someone to help me get things in order here. Even if it was just to watch the kids for a day...Cory and I could get so much done...I just feel overwhelmed with all that needs to be done...I haven't even been able to go through winter clothes to put them away...by the time I do that, i will be getting them back out again! AHHHHHHHHH! Somebody help me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you and Dad lived closer...i would not feel bad asking you guys to watch the kids. I dont like to ask Corys parents too much--they have a busy schedule and they say Yes every time I need help unless of course they have a previous engagement...I just feel guilty asking them to watch the kids unless it is a Drs appt or I am in a bind...they help us out in so many other ways anyway...I dont want to take advantage of them:) Have I been rambling?

Jemit said...

WE HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO YET. BUT IT IS LOOKING NICER AND CLEANER.
I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THIS BEDROOM WELL ON IT'S WAY TO BEING JUST THAT.. WITH A BED IN IT.