Monday, June 05, 2006

GIVING THANKS

It's morning. I'm awake and the first thing that popped into my head was- 'oh, it's over'.. but WOW! What an incredible week I have had. I am rested and feeling quite well, renewed in strength. I am thankful.
I suppose to the rest of the world my little journey would have been rather boring- I didn't go to the beach or to some fabulous recreational spa.. I spent my time with those I dearly love and who also love me. It's like a shot in the arm. I wouldn't trade it for the world's most awesome sites or wonders. To me, family and friends are just that- awesome.
I felt God's blessing wherever I was. I am thankful for all of it.
I'm thankful for all those who prayed while I travelled.. and I thought of it often as I drove through the rain. I prayed a lot while I drove- even thanking the Lord for the sunshine and the blue skies.. and acknowledging that He brought the rain and would keep me safe as it pleased Him. I was never alone.
I am thankful for the hospitality of Wendy and her in-laws. They accept me as family without a question. I'm thankful that the children could be in the lake swimming and not be fearful of it. I'm very thankful for Cory's folks- that they too are cared and loved so much by our shared grandchildren. The love is so evident. It gives my heart joy.
I'm thankful for Rick and Sandi whose hospitality seems to be unending. I'm thankful for their love for each other that is reflected in every room in their home and that they also choose to accept me as 'family'.
I am thankful for my own home also.. being greeted on my arrival by Wendell with a big hug and kiss. How wonderful to be able to share a week with friends and family, and yet it's so good to be in my own home feeling the warmth and affection.
I'm thankful for Mandy and John who were company and help to Wendell in my absence. Without them, I likely wouldn't have made my journey.
Today I return to work at the hospital.. full of joy and feeling like I can do this. I thank the Lord for providing this position for me.
Such blessings have been poured out on me and my family and friends. Recognizing this fully, I thank the Lord for all of it.

"Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus toward you."
I Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: