Sunday, June 04, 2006

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME....

Well, I'm home.. I had to stop my blogging on Thursday last week as we had a terrific thunderstorm at Valentines and the power finally went out and didn't come back on until 3am. Since I use a c-pap, I decided it would be best to stay up for a while and see if the power came on. I dozed off just before 3am when it got bright and airy in the bedroom again. I woke up at 6am to be sure to see Isaac off to school before starting the 2nd leg of my journey. He woke up with his eye all crusted.. and Wendy diagnosed pinkeye. So he stayed home from school.
Friday I spent with Wendy and the kids getting ready for my departure after lunch. It was a cool day and overcast- perfect driving weather in my estimation.
I left little notes for the children- 3 apiece to thank them for making my week so very very special. I was sorry we didn't get to see Isaac play T-ball.. both game nights the clouds moved in just as the game would begin, and the lightening was pretty fierce.. so the games got cancelled.
We had a little lunch together at Wendy's and then I started out for Schneiders. It rained almost the whole way.. at one point it stormed so heavily I saw a boy on a two wheel bike whose wheels were nearly covered by the flooding water on the road. It was slow going , but I did finally get there.
Rick went to a concert for the evening which left Sandi and I alone to chatter away all evening by ourselves- the conversation poured out like water all evening - non stop! Rick got home later and we still were chatting away when we realized it was 1am and we were all tired.
Saturday Rick and Sandi took me for the grand tour of their grand city.. I got to see their church from the outside and where Rick's office is, and then Sandi took us inside her office building. Simply wonderful! We had Chinese take out for supper.. YUMMY!!!!!!! While Rick fell asleep after dinner, Sandi and I resumed our non stop chatting up in the kitchen with a piece of her fabulous lemon cream pie.. sugar free no less!! It was sooooooo good!
I seemed to have made friends better with their little dog Heidi this time, though I didn't mind her licking my hands, I still don't allow her to give me any of her juicy kisses. I think she doesn't mind me now perhaps.
Sunday morning we got up and before I left we watched a church service from their church on television. Interesting.. the message was good.
I left there after our final pictures , hugs and goodbyes..
My trip home was pretty uneventful unless you would count the tornado I saw from the turnpike. I don't know if it touched down or not, but I saw the low hanging clouds and then suddenly the funnel came from the bottom. I was close enough to observe the whirling .. I just wanted to get out of there..
It rained most of the way home, though none of the heavy downpour of Friday afternoon.
I got home about 6pm.. It was a long day.. I put the video of the Valentines in for Wendell and unloaded the car.
I'm really tired tonite. I guess I'll blog in the morning..
Keep on praying!

2 comments:

Jthemilker said...

Glad you are back safe and sound. You might have taken a picture of that funnel cloud... That would have been interesting.

I have a basket of laundry done that I picked up earlier today. I will be visiting with my ladies Bible Study group tomorrow evening, but hopefully I'll be able to swing by your place on my way back home.

Anonymous said...

Marilyn, your trip sounds so delightful. Good yack time and good food,

Pray my sister Shirley(85) is flying in from Richmond, Va on the 6th. A long day for her..My brother Bruce, wife Fran are driving up from Santa Barbara arriving Sat.. pray for their safety. Fran has had multi strokes, so can't navigate for Bruce. In fact next to nothing in communication.We figure this will be the last get together before glory. Don and I fly to Nashville,Tn on the 14th for Caleb's HS graduation at the grand ole opry, first time to go there. God bless you, Love, Nancy