Wednesday, July 26, 2006

AND THE VERDICT IS.......

I saw the podiatrist today.. he tells me what I have is not fatal. It's called plantar fasciitis and rather than go into another long explanation of what it is and why, suffice it to say it is great pain in the feet which is not relieved by over the counter medication.
So....... the treatment is conservative. First I have to see the folks who will make the orthotics for my shoes.. This is done by professionals and the supports will be made to fit my feet. Next, he suggested New Balance shoes. I own 2 pairs already. Then lose weight..
I have to wear shoes constantly..... no more stocking feet or bare feet. And my slippers will be clogs with a heel. All these things don't cure the problem, but should make ambulation a tad simpler. I'll still have pain off and on, but not the intensity of the recent past.

3 comments:

Jthemilker said...

I also have plantar fasciitis... ouch! Custom orthotics have made a world of difference.

Jemit said...

I got my appointment for Aug 8 with Delatorre. Hooray!!!
It can't be soon enough.

Anonymous said...

Just reading your BLOG for this date.. yes I've had the plantar fascitis.. I had two tumors removed off the bottom between the two middle toes.. they go in from the top.. I've worn orthos for about 30 yrs wouldn't be with out them. Doesn't pay to wear anthing but SAS shoes.