Saturday, July 01, 2006

OLDER THAN DIRT

"This is the written account of Adam's line. When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God. He created them male and female and blessed them. And when they were created, he called them "man." When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth. After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters. Altogether, Adam lived 930 years, and then he died." Genesis 5:1-5

Age is an interesting thing.. Some days I feel like 130 yrs old, and other days I feel like I'm 20 years old.. till I try to get out of my chair and realize how old I really am.
Age is only a perception of how others see you- and your own perception of who you are.
It's tough growing old gracefully. I really have no desire to live to be as old as Adam.

This morning the Valentines are leaving for the next leg of their vacation. Visiting friends for a day or so. Gayle woke up with a severe case of hives- I called the doctor and he said likely from the blueberries she'd consumed yesterday. So she has to be on Benadryl every 6 hours. Poor baby.
Daniel likely has Lyme disease. Fortunately, there are antibiotics that will take care of it for him, but it's such a miserable thing to go through. Get well soon, Daniel!!!!

It's beautiful out today.. and the weatherman says it's gonna be in the 80s with a few scattered showers. I think they throw that 'few scattered showers' in just because we can expect that every day in the summer. Hmmmm. It really doesn't take a PHD in Meteorology to determine that fact.

Today is Popeye's birthday. I remember watching him on the television (black and white) when I was a child. Happy Birthday Popeye!!!!!

So on to the business at hand...... cleaning today. It's my weekend off and there is so much to do. Have a great day everyone.. will blog more later perhaps.
Pray for Gayle and Daniel if you would, and for Wendell who is hurting today.. I suppose it is a sign of rain...????

No comments: