Wednesday, July 12, 2006

PATAS TAKE TO THE RAILS.....

I received this in my email tonite and was quite impressed. Thanks for the info, Nathan.

On July 3, 2006 the three California Pata's were invited to "drive" a real, full sized diesel locomotive for a few miles up and down the main line of the original transcontinental railroad. Here a few highlights.


Bob dashing to WP 713, the locomotive he has been invited to drive. Now, I couldn't tell you what that is.. but I bet if I asked my grandson Paul........

Engineer Bob at the helm (or is that just for boats?) No matter.. he's the one in control of the whistle.. TOOOOOOT!!! TOOOOOOOOT! Ahhhh.. to be a kid again ! Blow the whistle again, Bob !!!!!!!

The co-pilot....... er.. co-engineer..... Nicki, seems to be enjoying the job. If only all jobs were that much fun! This is actually the main line of the original Transcontinental Railroad

Nathan's job? Why the photographer, of course! Say, how do you take such a great picture of yourself on a moving train??

4 comments:

Sandi S. said...

AWESOME!!! Wish I could have been there - I LOVE trains. Of course I grew up along the railroad tracks - with them being 20 feet from our front door!! That would have been a great day!

Anonymous said...

You take great pictures of yourself on a moving train by having long arms and a digital camera. Apple laptop editing helps as well.

Jthemilker said...

Hey - Who is REALLY driving in these pictures? Looks like everyone's just kicked back relaxing. Maybe these things just drive themselves? Looks like fun.

Wendy said...

Very Cool! I have been on a scenic railroad tour, but never driven it! HA!