Saturday, July 29, 2006

COUNTRY MUSIC DAY

I'm out-numbered. My whole entire family loves country music. I don't. I have a broad love for most music, but for country, rap, and heavy metal. I just can't call them music.. at least not to my ears.
Even the grandchildren love Toby Keith , Johnny Cash, Kenny Chesney, Willie Nelson, and a host of others that cause my ears to go into spasm.
Today is Country Music Day........ I'm sorry I just can't get excited about this one. It ranks right up there with tripping over my own feet in the dark or perhaps just below shoving a pencil up my nostrils.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. If they are playing country music or rap in a store, I become so nervous that I have to leave. I can't even recall what I came for. We went on a tour once that included Grand Ole Opry and I never tried to sit through anything so horrible in my life. I finally got up and left as I couldn't stand any more.

Sandi S. said...

I'm right there with you as well. Nails on a chalk board!!!!!! Gotta say hubby likes the heavy metal and lately - living in a rural area - has taken to SOME country music - but overall - not his cup of tea either!!