Monday, July 31, 2006

A BIT SOGGY THIS MORNING

"Be still and know that I am God; among the nations I will be exalted; I on earth will be exalted high."
Psalm 46:10

Yesterday was stressful. My plans for attending worship seemed to go down the tubes at 5am when I awoke with a 'cracking' headache. Every move of my head was excruciating. I had to get it under control, for I'd promised another secretary that I'd work for her yesterday in return for this Saturday off. 3 cups of strong coffee and 2 Tylenol XS, and 3 hours later, I could move again, but not in time to get ready for church and work.
It was painfully slow at work last evening. The lack of 'something to do' makes me so weary, and by 9pm, I wanted ..... make that 'longed'.... to go home and crawl into my comfy bed.

This morning, I got up without the headache and the general swelling over my body seems to be subsided. That was probably a major contributor to the headache anyway. My joints which have been so tender in the past few days are also some relieved ..... it rained yesterday and last night.
Wendell has gone to see the cardiologist this morning, and as I write this, he should be about ready to see my boss, the rheumatologist. Hopefully, he'll inject Wendell's knees which have caused him to take more powerful medications to relieve them in the past few days. Poor guy has become a member of my 'Aching Joints Society' that can forecast the weather with more precision than anyone with a doctorate in Meteorology. UGH.

I seem to be whining again. I don't really mean to do that, but there just isn't much else to say. And.... since this is MY blog, I guess if I want to whine here, I can do that. Anyone have a little cheese?? I could use some with my whine.

Today is July 31. It would have been Wendell's Uncle Keith White's 94th birthday. Uncle Keith was probably the only person in the world who could say to me "Marilyn, you've gained some weight. You need to do something about it now." Hehehe. I was not insulted.. just aware that others noticed my weight gain. That was a few years ago. I still need to lose those pounds.

Today is also Cotton Candy day. I don't particularly like it, but once in a while it's nice to taste something of pure sugar. Son in law Keith rented a cotton candy machine for Joyce's birthday a few years back. I suppose I'd call that memorable since I do remember it..
My schedule is very busy this week. I'll be gainfully employed Today, tomorrow and Thursday with a dental appointment on Wednesday to check the progress of that ailing tooth I have. It's much better.. no swelling or pain now.

Okay bloggers...... have a fabulous day....... and pray for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Find the 1960's hit song "It's MY party and I will cry if I want to" by Leslie Gore and claim it for your theme song.

Weather back to normal here. High 80's low 60's

Anonymous said...

From the senior moment file:

We go from the days of wine and roses to the days of whine and poses. :)