Tuesday, July 11, 2006

JUST THIS AND THAT

"How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings."
Psalm 36:7

It is very early morning..I've been awake since 4am with a blistering headache. I suppose having only one cup of coffee yesterday had something to do with it, as it's lifting now with a strong cup of coffee as I write.
Today I'm gainfully employed, so I'll have to return to bed when I'm done journaling here.
I need enough sleep to get me through to midnight tonite.
Yesterday afternoon I had a most wonderful phone call from Nicki. She is returning to Chicago for her chemo this week. She's doing well for all that she's been through. As we talked, I strolled outside and up into the garden where the red raspberries are ripe and ready for picking. I ate quite a few as I walked through the rows. With the ripening of the berries also comes the Japanese beetles of which, there are gazillions.. but we have our own pest control with Charlie's chickens who are scarfing them down about as they come up out of the ground.
I watched the chickens yesterday.. I thought at first they were going for the berries, and some did..they have to jump up to get them, so they opt for what is on the ground around them, and that's the beetles. Smart birds!
I've been reading "The Communicant's Class" by J Boyd Tweed, MA, DD. Every so often I feel the need to review what and why we believe what we do.
Friday is the day set for making a trip to Valentines with JJ. I will find out tonite likely whether I'll be going or not. I'm scheduled to work at the hospital, but have asked another secretary to switch days with me. I've prayed about this, and now will leave it up to the Lord.
We have collected a car load of things to help replace that which was lost in the flood in late June. The Valentine's have a friend who lost literally EVERYTHING but the clothes she was wearing. She lives alone and is a teacher's aide in the school where Cory taught. She's staying with friends for the moment.. there just is so much devastation up there, there is nowhere to rent at this point. JJ has organized a rescue for her in a fashion, and will be delivering these things in person. I want to look for a toaster, mixer, and some flatware for her. I'll check out the thrift stores around here to see if there are any available.
Well, the coffee seems to have relieved my headache, and I do need a bit more rest before going to work today.
Have a glorious day and pray for us... pray that I'll be able to make this trip on Friday if you would. God bless you all.

No comments: