Wednesday, July 26, 2006

SUGAR CANE DAY

Well, I didn't do any blogging yesterday. I seemed to have a slow start on the day and finally called off and didn't go to work.
I saw the dentist the day before, and she assured me that I don't have a full blown abscess, though I was well on the way. The inflammation seems to be at gum level. I'd lost the filling over the root canal at some point, and the tooth was okay yet. So she anesthetized the jaw, and then proceeded to debride the area around the tooth. It was swollen and tender. By yesterday morning, it was feeling tight with more swelling and painful. I used the warm salt water rinses, but needed something much stronger than Tylenol for the pain that remained. I don't tolerate the powerful narcotics for pain, so I don't use anything but Tylenol. Yesterday was different. I needed something more, but if I took the Vicodin, I couldn't drive and even if I had a ride to work, I wouldn't have been able to concentrate on work- more likely fall asleep at my desk. So I called the hospital and related my dilemma and took the day off. I slept till about 2pm. I was groggy most of the day and went to bed early having accomplished nearly nothing for the day other than making supper for Wendell and me.
This morning there is minor swelling and the pain is reduced to tolerable tenderness. I'll be taking antibiotics for the next 5 days.
I have an appointment with the foot doctor today. Hopefully he'll have some ideas for my sore feet.
Funny how you reach a point in your life when everything seems to be wearing out. We shall deal with each problem as it comes and leave it all in the Lord's healing hands.

Today is SUGAR CANE DAY.
I really don't know why someone would give sugar a day of it's own, but it is so.
Sugar comes from such a variety of sources. When we lived in Texas, there were fields upon fields of sugar beets.. and the factories that made sugar out of the beets. Cane sugar is a little different with the same basic results.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The refineries where they make sugar beets into sugar have the most awful smell. How can someting that tastes so sweet have have such a foul oder. The same is true of vanilla, I suppose. It smells swell, tastes foul. Our heat wave is moderating out West. Yea! 111+ three days in a row is a bit much.

Jemit said...

We have had a most lovely day here. Temps moderating in the 80's.. it's hot and humid, but actually tolerable.