Friday, March 07, 2008

DST BEGINS SUNDAY

Lots of things happening today.. It's Friday. Just a reminder that Daylight Savings Time begins this Sunday.. Spring forward and lose an hour.
The biggest news is the winter storm that is coming this morning.. The weather service says we can get 6-9" of snow with "significant" ice too. UGH. This must be winter's last big blast.
Wendell and I are going out to get some supplies this morning and run a couple of errands. The weather service says the snow will start around 11am.

I am thankful that I'm now retired, and my one day of employment is behind me for this week.

I am thankful that I don't have to drive in the winter weather again.

I am thankful for our warm and cozy home, plenty of food, and for our children who watch over us, yet permit us our independence.

I am thankful for our little Honda which gets great gas mileage, and so far we've paid $24 only once to fill the tank. Glad we don't have an SUV.

I am thankful for the good news from Wendell's sister that the shadow on her CT was a disk problem and after she sees the doctor early next month, surgery will solve the problem.

I am thankful for our wonderful neighbor Nick who plows us out when we have major snow.

I am thankful for this blog where I can share our "happenings" and make requests of you for prayer. And for our computer to keep connected with family and friends. It's all good.

It's now 6am.. gotta get moving and get on the road in another hour before the storm starts..
I'm praying we get our errands completed in good time.
Have a great day, bloggers!!!

No comments: