Tuesday, March 25, 2008

GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS

Today we have good news and bad news. I choose to deliver the good news first.. It takes my mind off the bad news. I got results of Wendell's echocardiogram today and it's not bad. I was concerned about his ejection fraction, but though he's low, he's within the normal range. Amen. His heart is enlarged, but not excessively that would cause failure at this point.

Well, now.. that brings us to the bad news.. I THOUGHT I had bronchitis and eye strain. Right.
Well it seems I have some major wheezes all over my lungs, and that eyestrain..? well it seems the asthma is back full force and I have some rather nasty allergies going on which makes my eyes run and burn like eye strain. No bronchitis requiring an antibiotic for a few days.. Asthma is back with a vengeance and I'm back on the steroids to combat it. This makes me very unhappy, but I will say that at least there is treatment for it and I can live a semi normal life while on the inhalers. I don't require an oxygen tank either.. There are some things I need to settle in my mind and get over the unhappiness of the diagnosis already.
Sorry to be so gloomy.. there are so many worse things that could be afflicting me.. I'll be fine later tonite.

No comments: