Monday, March 31, 2008

SPRING GLORIOUS SPRING!!!!!

Oh, if I could only run through the yard and dance as I go.. How I dearly LOVE spring. I know you'd never guess it from this blog, but it's absolutely TRUE! {{{{smile}}}}
I would even try to run and dance, but then I'd probably trigger one of those miserable asthma events.. So, I'll just let my heart dance on the blog and let my mind run in all directions..
AACCKKK!

So I've gone out looking for signs of spring once again.. not that I have to have proof.. but every spring it's the same thing- I go looking for verification.. You know, it's not really spring till the crocus come up, the asparagus comes through the ground, the blossoms bud.. .and so on...

I'm armed with a camera again, and when I sat at the picnic table this afternoon, I spotted the gray squirrel again filling his face.. I think it's a HE.. I really haven't gotten close enough to tell..


His/her antics are so amusing. I sat down and watched as the lid popped up on the feeder, and then heard it clack down when he was done for that round.. over and over and over..








Occasionally he backed up the tree sensing I was watching him.. he ate, but never took his eye off me.




























Last week Wendell and I watched an Alfred Hitchcock movie called "the Birds".. I walked outside and watched 7 crows land in the trees above me, and when I turned around .. there was this robin..wayyyyy up in the tree.. I thought about the movie of course.. hehehe.. and took a shot at the robin- with my camera, of course.




















Nothing says spring like the first crocus you spot in the yard. - And here it is!!!


















Oh.. and one more sign of spring.. look at the picture below.. what is the sign of spring in this photo?















Give up?! It's one of Charlie's promiscuous pregnant cats! AAACCKKK!!!


You've surely heard of Where's Waldo?
This picture should be labeled Where's Squirrelly?

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

Love the squirrely pictures. You really ought to name him. :)