Sunday, March 09, 2008

HBD BLOG..2 YRS

It was 2 years ago this month that I started this blog on the suggestion of Wendy who had already started one for herself to keep in touch a little better since she lives so far away..
It seemed like a really good idea for me in that Wendell had just gone for open heart surgery, and each night I'd come home exhausted and then make a bazillion phone calls to give updates. So the blog WORLD OF JEMIT was born.
I started out with the idea that I'd update every day.. and have kept up so far, missing about 4-5 days since the beginning.
It's a fun outlet. I used to try to keep up with as many birthdays and anniversaries as I could, but that got to be so hard when you consider I was also gainfully employed at 2 jobs besides trying to keep things going here. So.. at one point I just decided to celebrate our children and grandchildren.. and a couple others. I'm not so good at remembering dates.. so it's probably just as well.
It's a great way to pass on information about things going on here.. like my birthday that same year when I accidently set our woods afire and we ended up with .. was it 7 firetrucks? It was a place to put the pictures and report our news..
Of course other news about Eli and Annabelle also were announced here.. and our retirement party..
The countdown for my retirement was over a year long, and the train finally pulled into the station.. I was so excited (and I still am).
It's been a fabulous way to ask for prayer, and I do this frequently.. as well as adding some of the devotionals that I read daily.. love those!
I've added some fun stuff too.. we are overdue for something here. I'll think about it. I just read JJ's blog that has the ULTIMATE BLOG PARTY.. I love her entries.
In the mean time.. Wendy has slowed down her blog entries .. time and a slow computer keep her from making her posts.
I try to put the pictures in as the seasons change, and the garden flowers too.. but I really love the ones of the kids here.. birthday parties, baking, gramma camp,special trips and special gramma times.... holidays and our many picnics..all the fun stuff.
I've tried to NOT make a political statement here, but I'm not particularly opposed to it. I'd rather tell you to believe that Jesus is our savior and that he lives and controls all the things that happen in this world..than dwell on politics.
so... with all that in mind..

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY
TO MY BLOG!

No comments: