Monday, March 10, 2008

LITTLE KNOWN FACTS

I liked JJ's latest entry about the Blog Party, and what she posted..
I'm not linking to the party, but I'd like to do what she did.. and add some facts about myself..

1. I have a license to operate a motorcycle.. you didn't know that, did you?

2. I was once a card carrying member of the National Rifle Association, though every gun experience I've had was not so wonderful and I realized I'm not really a candidate..
Let's not go there.....

3. I'm a mother of 4 grown/married children, and grandmother to 9 beautiful grandchildren.

4. I am an RN

5. I am a conservative

6. I am a Christian.. not perfect, but I belong to Him, a work in progress..

7. This year Wendell and I will be married 39 years

8.My first pet was a tabby cat named Greeneyes.. well, she had green eyes.

9. My favorite pet was my cat Sugarplum, a calico who would go to the front door at the time my bus would arrive, and stand up on her back legs and watch for me.. smart kitty.

10. As a family, we had a pure white house cat named Charmin.. she's gone now, but we have pictures, and we still get a little teary eyed thinking about her.

11. Mandy and I drew cartoons and added 'talk bubbles' with the cats as the topic.. We called it "Jim and Char"..

12. I love to walk

13. I have had 2 posterior brain stem strokes with little residual

14. I am a Covenanter.

15. My cheesecake has won first prize in a contest

16.I love crafts.. sewing, scrapbooking, calligraphy, knitting, crocheting

17. I wanted to be a Spanish teacher and ended up a nurse as a fluke

18. I excel at starting IVs

As JJ mentioned her dreams and hopes for the next 5 years.. these are mine...

1. To retire from the office at age 62

2. To be as obedient as I can to the Lord

3. To be a second set of hands for Amy

4. To be healthy enough to make several long trips and many shorter ones

5. To realize a new place for Wendell and me

6. To be a grandma to 10 or 11 children

7. To have a Christian President and have our nation turn to Christ

8. World peace..

No comments: