Wednesday, July 04, 2007

CRITTERS !


We seem to be over run by some critters here.. all outdoors, thankfully. Every morning I go outside and sweep the front porch and walkway. Every morning I find myself ducking as I go out the door as 1-2 Daddy Long Legs dive bomb me as I exit. YIKE ! Though they are harmless, the thought of it's little long spindly legs on my neck sends a chill down my spine..EEEWWWWW ! They seem to be breeding around the door and the porch- hundreds of them swept off every day-.. well, maybe not hundreds, more like 20-30 and that's just the ones that fall down. So I sweep up around the door and windows and in cracks and crevices around the porch.. But every day they are back in force- and they sit there waiting... I can almost hear their tiny little voices: "Okay, everyone ready? Here she comes !"
We do seem to have an extra portion of them this year. Well, it could be worse..

It could be our little critter called the earwig that falls down, but thankfully, they stay in hidden places- like under the cover of the picnic table so that when we lift it up, they scatter- there might be at least 100 or so.. and this time I'm not exaggerating. They are small and creepy little bugs. I don't know what they are looking for except shelter. Sure wish they'd find some other spot to raise their family though. I thought they were harmless, but JJ tells me she actually got bitten by one on the leg once, and it made a nasty sore that itched. Oh, for joy.
So I keep sweeping them off......... and they keep coming back. Wish I knew how to safely get rid of them.
Any ideas?

2 comments:

Jthemilker said...

Mom - that was me that got bit... not Re-Re.

Jemit said...

Oh, you are so right.. my error!
I've corrected the post