Tuesday, July 31, 2007

POST #1000

I should have had a contest.. or something for this momentous occasion. My 1000th post on my blog. It's just over a year old and I've really been chatty for all that time. It's been such fun.
I used to write in a journal by hand, but this is so much easier on the wrists/thumbs. So what shall I blog tonite?

Wendell and I went to see our grandchildren in a play today at the YWCA.. yes, I got pictures and I will be sharing them on the blog on another post.. perhaps tomorrow. We went directly to Sam's Club after lunch and I made hard copies of all the pictures on the camera that I wanted to keep. There were a lot. The next thing is to have John make me a CD with the photos on it so I can delete them from the camera. That's where I am right now.. John has the disk, so I can't upload yet.
The play was short and really cute. It was all about a trip to the zoo, and each of the children was dressed with a paper plate face that represented an animal. Each came forward and talked about that animal. Cute. Paul and Daniel didn't have animal hats- they were the humans who came to the zoo. Joyce was a penguin.. a very sweet penguin, I might add.

My pictures came out fair.. not great, but okay. I did have a couple closeups that were good.

I've been so lazy today.. I even took a nap after coming home. I just can't seem to get myself in gear. It could be that I'm still recuperating from last night at work. I was on the West side- and it's always fairly quiet there- except when I 'm there.. it was a very busy evening and I scarcely had time to breathe between orders. I'll be thankful in 185 days when I can hang up my secretary hat. I'm just biding my time till that day.

Tomorrow I am going to see the allergist. I hope he can offer me something to help with the problem I've been having off and on. It gets so frustrating by times. I got up with red eyes this morning and then when John was mowing the lawn, I walked outside to get in the car and immediately lost my voice for most of the day.. along with other allergy symptoms. I'll be glad to have this under control.

Well, post 1000 hasn't been anything too spectacular- nothing like the woods afire on my birthday with 2 fire companies and 7 firetrucks in the yard.. or Wendell having open heart surgery.. or even 2 new grandbabies..
It's been a beautiful day- 80 degrees and sunny..who could ask for anything more?

-

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

You really should have a contest. I have been thinking about it too, but still trying to decide on the prize(s)... maybe something for fall?