Thursday, July 26, 2007

WHERE I CALL HOME


I took another walk tonite.. just needed some exercise.
I spotted the baby bunny we thought the cat had for dinner this week.
Nice.. such a cute little thing.
I couldn't get close to it and right after I took this picture, he ran into the briers.


I simply love living in the country. It's so beautiful here.
My mom had a green thumb and put plants in that continue to bloom every year.
These are day lilies and the picture doesn't do them justice.


I've always grown dill in the garden.
I'm glad Charlie likes it too.
When you walk by, you get the scent of dill pickles.. yummy!
It always makes my mouth water.


These little beauties grow along the driveway.
They are Echinacea Purpurea or Coneflowers.
They are magnificent !!!


My brother Charlie is our resident gardener.
He keeps the flowers going and this is a spot I think is so lovely.
It's a path through some of the most beautiful flowers.


The gladiolias are starting to bloom.
They are vibrant and eye catching.


One of the most beautiful flowers is hidden behind the trailer.
It's a stargazer lily, and it's in bloom right now.
It's numerous flowers are spectacular.


We have an abundance of this little flower.
Wendell and I used to argue senselessly over what it was called.
I told him it was Queen Anne's Lace..
while he insisted it was Wild Carrot.
We are both correct.
No matter, it grows wild here and its lacy blooms are so beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the wild flowers, yes , the delicate lacy flower is Queen Anne's Lace, but have a taste of the root and and you'll have to agree it's wild carrot.
I grew up in W NYS where it was plentiful. A sight to behold.