Sunday, July 29, 2007

EMERGENCY WEATHER

I get my weather reports from NOAA. It's accurate to the minute, and I have it on my toolbar as I work. This evening the report is one that I can honestly say I've never seen before.. "EMERGENCY- THUNDER IN VICINITY". Now, I hear the thunder.. no rain, no lightening, just thunder. To me, that's no emergency. I guess they are looking ahead to what it could become? Then the note that said "TEMPERATURE- 78 DEGREES" and underneath it says "FEELS LIKE- 78 DEGREES".. I had to chuckle at that one.. I mean, there is NO wind out there and just thunder.. what would you expect? 'feels like-90 degrees'??

I guess I'm just a tired cookie. The weather report is now becoming absurd. It's correct to the 'enth, but absurd to have to give an emergency warning for the obvious.

It's been a beautiful day. The sun shone and it was just nice outdoors. Wendell and I went to church this morning. We were the only representatives from the family today. Vince had his usual excellent sermon. The oddest thing, though.. Wendell got sick just as it began and wasn't sure he'd be able to make it through. He did, but wanted to go home ASAP.. and that's what we did. We had been talking about going somewhere today- just the 2 of us, after church.. but we came home directly. He's starting to feel a bit better tonite.
He mentioned on the way down about how much his shoulder and elbow were aching.. and I mentioned how my back and thumbs were acting up badly today. Wendell wondered if it was going to rain.. Well.. no.. but we do have thunder!

Enough for now.. perhaps more in the morning..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm not a sciencitist, I believe thunder/ lightning can cause electrons in the body to go haywire... just as we sense in our joints that a storm is brewing. Kinda like the wind that blows through, we can't see it,we feel it, so my joints and body tissue, can sense changes in the atmosphere. What happens when you feel static electricty on the carpet or touching a cat or door nob? Worse during winter seasons of the year. That's all I know, my body is aching!