Tuesday, July 10, 2007

GRANDMA CAMP TUESDAY

GRANDMA CAMP
Day 3
Oh, what a day it has been! I love this GMC! It's been such a hoot..
This morning I woke everyone up with a song..
Good morning Good morning Good morning
It's time to rise and shine
Good morning Good morning Good morning
I hope you're feeling fine
The sun is just above the hill
Another day for us to fill
With all the things you love to do
Oh, can't you hear
It's calling you... dooodly doo doodley do????
Everyone awoke with smiles and ready to start a new day. "What are we doing today, gramma?"
Well.. first breakfast, and then everyone gets clean clothes on to go to class.. they go to the YWCA for a class and in August P3 tells me they will put on a play. I hope I can attend.. Next year for sure.
So we took off at 9:30am and I picked them up at noon. We stopped at KFC for Lapmeals for all .. and headed home. The kids were anxious to help unload the car.. and did so without me even suggesting it. Very impressive.
After lunch they took a dip in the pool...ahhhhhhh How they love the pool.
Then the fun began.. take a look:
This was actually later in the day, but I think this was one of the best things we have done yet. I had bought a package of water balloons and decided we'd have a contest.. to see who could stand the longest and how many tosses they could make before the balloons burst. That's how I got soaked to the gills. I had the job of filling the balloons.. it ran down into my shoes.. it felt fabulous.. trust me.


I don't know how I missed the pictures of P3 in the contest.. he and Joyce seemed to be up most of the time..while Daniel seemed to be the most soaked. No matter, no one lost in this contest.. everyone got wet.




David preferred not to join in this game, though I had made small balloons for him. He loved watching everyone else get soaked however. He has this peculiar sense of humor and a belly laugh when someone got hit with a balloon.


Earlier in the afternoon, I had a class for the children on cake decorating. Joyce had brought her kit with her but mostly we used my stuff. Each child was given a piece of foil and was instructed how to hold the bag of frosting, and then they could make any design or flower they wanted. This one was David's.. pretty good for a guy who just turned 3 yr old a couple weeks ago. He was VERY INTO the frosting..literally. He wanted to taste everything.


Joyce worked hard on flowers with the 'nail', but finally gave it up and just used a piece of foil..she did very well for a first time. She made roses and then little blue flowers with yellow centers and green leaves. Nice job, Joyce !!!



Each of the kids made whatever they wanted..we had lots of frosting.. P3 liked to use the piping tip and write letters rather than making flowers.. but he did it all.

"OK, KIDS.. GET YOUR HANDS WASHED".. and they all run knowing they are going to be helping with something special...
Of course if you are going to have frosting and are going to decorate.. ya gotta have a cake.. so we all made the cake.. chocolate..... what other kind is there anyway?
David really got into this project.. he wanted to stir the "chocolate mud". He is so little, he climbed right up on the table to be able to reach and stir. I was surprised how interested he was in making the cake..
I measured all the ingredients; Joyce poured the cake mix in the bowl, and David added the eggs, water, and the oil ! Good job, David! He never lost a drop.

Everyone stirred the batter..



"Take a picture of my tongue"..
"well..........okay."


It was time to frost the cake.. Joyce had the honors since it was her birthday gift.. the decorating supplies.
I'd promised her a cake to decorate and that I'd show her how.. so here she is..Notice that David was again on the table watching intently. He tried to stand on the chair but kept bumping Joyce's arm..


It was Joyce's idea to put Grandma Camp on the cake.. she is clever, eh?
Notice her beautiful flowers.. mighty good for a first try.




It was right after I took the last picture that David got down off the table and then tripped on the chair and fell down. He cried for just a few moments.. and then Joyce got out the craft kit...a puppet on a stick.. and showed her siblings how they were put together.. cute. David still had the frown on his face at this point.. I think he was just scared when he tripped.. No bruises.. no cuts.. he's okay. It didn't take him long to start laughing again.


I decided it was time for a movie.. I got this one at the dollar store today.. I put it in for David while the others were back in the pool.. but it wasn't what I'd expected. Too serious for David.
Daniel's comment. "oh, boy! The crocodile hunter! Is this the one where he dies?"
Uh..no.. this is one of his first films..
We had our snack.. chocolate cake! and milk.. Time for devotions... each one prayed.. and then I let them choose one more movie for the night. Lights out.. Over the Hedge was the movie they selected.
Well, it is quiet out there in the living room.. they had a really busy day..
Oh.. Daniel wanted to know if he could stay 'just a little longer' after his parents took everyone else home tomorrow night.. Though I'd love to, I have to be at the office on Thursday.. so GMC will come to a close for this year. Tomorrow night the children are planning a really nice meal for their parents. They have made the menu themselves.. and I think they have learned a lot.
Watch for tomorrow's ending ..

No comments: